Friday 1 February 2013

Fashion inspiration

My Fashion Inspiration



So today I have decided to dedicate today's post to one of my very many fashion inspirations. Albeit a tad strange, but isn't fashion? Isn't that the joy out of it, to seek inspiration from the most unusual of sources? So, if you are a follower of my twitter (@rebelroseblog) and as you can tell, the background of my blog it is indeed Cruella De Ville! I adore her! Well, lets clear up one thing, I do not skin puppies and I do not have henchmen! I am against animal cruelty, although I do believe that Cruella is a strong independent woman who isn't afraid to exercise her right to boss people around, I do admire her for that. I have a thing for women tyrants, they're somewhat bearable when wearing heels. 


Of course I take more inspiration from the 1996 film adaption of 101 Dalmations with the stunning Glenn Close as Cruella, and seeing how she was head of a Fashion house within the film (our very own Donatella) it was only fitting that she would swan gracefully around in couture ball gown dresses and elaborate head pieces that would put Lady GaGa to shame. 






As these stills from the movie show, she is indeed a fashion icon! Look at the hair, the make up, they way she is poised! She has style, confidence, and the gracefulness (or wickedness) to pull it off. Another admirable thing I love is that nobody would think of her age. Nobody would think that she dresses too old/ too young/ too mainstream or that she even looks old, because she doesn't! She has the traits of knowing who she is and dressing for herself that I can only hope to acquire someday. And I LOVE how Cruella does Chanel! 

Here are some sketches that I just adore of her outfits that can easily be made for the catwalk, everything about her just screams glamour!






Recently, for a friends birthday who held a Disney themed night, I dressed up as Cruella, who better else to dress up as? If only I had some henchmen to do my dirty work for me....

The outfit was really easy to come across, just a figure hugging LBD that everybody basically has in their wardrobe, a fur stole that I took off one of my winter coats, red shoes and gloves, vintage style jewellery, a toy dog  and a hat with 1940's vintage style netting in dalmation print that I got off eBay  So easy to do and barely spent a penny!

Here are some images although the are not the best so I apologize for the quality.





So what do you think? Is she a style icon or just a hate figure in children's fairytales? I'd love to hear what you think :)

Niamh x


No comments:

Post a Comment