Monday 25 February 2013

Oscars 2013



Hello beauties!

Im going to do a very quick post on the Oscars last night and the best dressed! Im not gona lie, I was a wee bit let down by the choice of gowns this year. They were either all the same colour or same style, there was no real diversity and even though Ann Hathaway tried to channel Audrey Hepburn in Prada, I was so disappointed that there was no vintage dresses from the great couture houses archives. And not one Chanel dress. Is this the first year that there hasnt been Chanel on the red carpet? If Diane Kruger was there im sure she would have worn Chanel , I love that she doesnt have a stylist!


So the best dressed of the entire night goes to Jessica Chastain! She took my breath away, an absolute dream in Armani! I wouldve loved her to win the Oscar, she bounced into the film industry and every single role she has played has been amazing! I liked her in 'The Help' I fell in love with her in 'lawless'. I adore her!

 
I was so surprised with Stacy Kiebler! Not actually knowing much about her or her usual red carpet style, I was blown away by her Naeem Khan metallic dress. Every single design element of this dress complimented her perfectly! She upstaged her BF George Clooney and not many people can do that! When is he just going to marry the girl, shes the longest out of his beaus that has lasted this long, he's settling down!

 
Another blown away moment was my girl Catherine Zeta Jones! I love this woman! How beautiful was she in Zuhair Murad? I love Zuhair Murad, he is definitely King of dressing for the red carpet, all of his dresses have impact and lasting impressions that the Oscars require. Mrs Zeta Jones was looking ravishing in gold, and look at the detailing of that dress, I couldnt get over it! She is stunning, nothing put love for the woman!



I dont usually pay attention to the men, as a suit is a suit, but OMG Eddie Redmayne in Alexander McQueen. Beauty. That is all. I cant cope with this man.

 
 
 
 
I've said it once but I'm going to say it again, Jennifer Lawrence step away from Dior and that shape of dress. You wore it to the academys and to the Baftas, its getting boring! The dress is absolutely beautiful and you look like a floating princess in it but its been done, you're 22 so take braver risks and show off that figure of yours a la 2011 Calvin Klein red number. Sex bomb!  
 
 
                        
 
Im surprised for Anne Hathaway to ditch her fail safe favourite and BFFL Valentino for Prada, im sure he's not too happy! That is a bold and risky move and hope that her friendship with the Italian icon doesn't falter as these dresses are prepared MONTHS in advance with tons of fittings, last minute changes etc it's a long term commitment that you can't back out off last minute in fear of the backlash of the fashion house and that they may not lend in future occasions. Im tempted to know what the Valentino dress was though, maybe she thought she would clash with Jennifer Aniston's Red Valentino gown? But I do think that this is the first Prada that an Oscar winner has worn when collecting an award, I need to double check.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment