Wednesday 13 March 2013

Benefit counter-Debenhams Belfast

Today I had to lovely encounter to get my make up applied free of charge by Benefit in Debenhams Belfast by the lovely Megan. I was browsing the aisles whilst waiting for my mother to hurry up when the lovely Megan approached me. After a friendly conversation and with me inquiring about some products she offered to do my whole make up and to give me some handy tips for skincare and make up application.


She asked me what type my skin is and what products I usually use, and gave an in depth consultation about what I should be using as I am only 20 and to make sure I'm using a mosituriser that will give benefits. All pretty mandatory but in light of what she has said, maybe my usual moisturiser is too rich and heavy.


For the prep she used the triple performing facial emulsion moisturiser which I adored! Very lightly scented, felt so creamy and light on the skin and give a beautiful sheen to the skin with light reflecting particles. Megan gave me the mirror to look at after applying this and I couldn't believe the difference in my skin with just moisturiser alone, I need to buy this at the end of the month! Even better that it had SPF and PA + + (to protect from UV rays) which she told me no other brand except Dior have in their products as they are all part of the LVMH brand.


Next, she applied the Porefessional primer which I am very impressed by. It definitely created a smoother base to my skin and didn't feel heavy on my skin, I'm always conscious of applying too much cosmetics and blocking my pores. She matched the 'Hello Flawless' foundation to the shade of 'Ivory believe' (or 'i'm pure lighter' if I wanted to go down a shade' and mixed the foundation with highlighter to give extra radiance. Megan applied the foundation with a normal blusher brush to buff into the skin and this was to avoid any tell tale brush strokes usually with foundation brushes. Skeptical at first, the finishing look was flawless! A final dusting of Ivory Hello Flawless powder and Hervana blusher and I was good to go :)


Amazing wee surprising treat for me as I had to go shop to shop with the ma, and that is a punishment I wouldn't wish on anyone! Megan was so lovely to talk too, highly informative and was really aiming to please to create a look that I would usually go for. There was no sales pitches being shoved down my throat, which I was originally intimidated by when she offered to do my make up, so it was an amazing experience!


Here is just a snap of the products used and I will go back at the end of the month to buy the moisturiser and perhaps the foundation. (I don't need anymore foundation but you can never have enough!)

Thanks for looking!

Niamh x

No comments:

Post a Comment