Thursday 31 January 2013

My look for today :)

Hi everybody :)

I thought that I would share with you all the products I used for today's look. I love looking at all the other bloggers posts on their daily make up routine and the products they used, so I thought I would give it a whirl!
Today I don't have uni but this is a typical look that I would usually wear to it anyway, quite plain and natural, not too OTT as I like to go all out when im going out.


Now it just occurred to me that all of the products I used today were from 17 - or should I say seventeen seeing how they are re-branding  Well anyway, I do like their products and would usually leave my more high end cosmetics to special events or nights out such as estee lauder's double wear camouflage that I have in shades 05 creamy tan (tad too dark so would mix with 17 BB cream light) and 11 very light, which is too light for my skin tone but again I would usually mix this with the 05 for a fuller coverage, or for a more natural look with 17's BB cream in medium.


Today however I have just opted for the BB all in one make up in light as I'm not planning to venture out much as the weather is horrible! This does give good coverage however, I'm currently having a breakout :( so have to dab some extra product on those problem areas followed by 17 miracle matte pressed powder in natural fair to keep any shine at bay and set the look.


I have this palette that I got free in a promotion about a year ago and I adore it! I''m afraid that I cant tell you what colours they are as there is no information on the back of the palette disclosing it, but I'm sure, especially the eye shadows, you would be able to find in solo pots. The brown eye-shadow is brilliant at contouring and adding depth to the eye when applied to the socket and really compliments my green eyes! Also there is a pink eye-shadow  that I've never really seen the appeal for but would mix the two together during the day, and a creamy highlighter that doubles as a blush and a lovely, creamy lip gloss with a sheer tint.


I also used an older version of a 17 bronzer highlighter which I just love and hope they never discontinue! It truly is value for money as mine hasn't even made a dent, is not heavy or give an awful heavy chalky feel that powders too, it's actually very creamy and doubles perfectly for shimmering bronze eyeshadows! Love it!
I've also used the Falsifeye mascara in blackest black that I reviewed earlier and it really packs a punch! I'm not wearing any eyeliner but I still feel that my eyes are defined and lashes really stand out which is always a bonus!


I've also used their hide and chic eye brightening concealer in light beige, which is their equivalent to the YSL touché eclat. Now I am a slave to touché eclat and cannot live without it, but being a wee skint student I cant afford to use it everyday so this is a pretty good equivalent. Not as thick and quite runny, but it does the job in brightening the eye area and illuminating. The brush however is my only main concern, its rubbish, the products usually spills out of it and is not the best at blending so I usually just apply it to my ring finger and dab it on, including the lid as it acts as a great primer and under the brows to highlight and give definition.
So all in all, 17 - or seventeen - products are absolutely brilliant for a day to day basis and with some cracking offers on anytime in boots, it really is value for money and they always last a good length of time.

What do you think?

Niamh x

2 comments:

  1. your hair is so pretty!
    I love that 17 palette. One of my favourites!
    looks very pretty!
    hareem x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Hareem!

    I love the palette as well, I'm gona be devastated when it finishes. thanks for the comment x

    ReplyDelete