Friday 26 July 2013

Shoes in the Asos sale


Hi lovelies!

Well I was hoping to start doing some OOTD snaps for the blog but my trusty sony ericsson phone just died and gave up on me :( it was a sad day, I loved that phone. Alas, I had to buy a replacement phone and came away with some sort of Samsung but only with a 2MP camera and NO FLASH! Whereas my last baby was a 5MP camera with flash, all different effects and even a 3D camera-which I never knew how to work but ah well!

Anyway, I want to focus more on the fashion side of things on this blog as I fell that I have lost my knack for it a bit. I am a total fashion junkie, watching the stars, the catwalks, the trends you name it. And without meaning to blow my own trumpet here I used to write some cracking fashion articles but Ive came across some sort of artistic writers block. Anna Wintour I am not, but I had a flair for writing about fashion, what to wear it with, for investing, the inspiration behind collections yadda yadda.

So anyhoo, to ease myself back in I was having a little look on Asos on their shoe sale. It has been noticeable if you will, along the fashion circle that platform heels just aren't in no more. And I blame Victoria Beckham  . Who else remembers when baby Harper was just born and Victoria was balancing her on her hip whilst still towering in the Louboutin Daffodils? I used to get vertigo for ever imaging walking in such a heel height and platform with a baby on my hip, oh the fear of falling!


Is nobody else not queasy at the thought of walking at that height with a babe on the arm? No, just me then?


 Now however, she has ditched the platforms (but not the Louboutins) for, in my opinion, and even sexier heel. A proper heel as your feet are really put at an awkward angle and their is no platform to level things out if you will. I love this type of shoe. its the type of shoe that really lifts your posture, keeps your back aligned and gives that wiggle that Marilyn Monroe would be envious off. She has also been pictured in her brogues that she designed along with Manolo Blahnik for her S/S13 collection, so is this the end of the heel for Vicky? I hope not! For this woman is a style Queen in my opinion and she literally sets the height of whats acceptable for fashion.

Ahhhh much better Victoria!




I'm sure you have all witnessed the backlash of the platform among the high street, surely? Do not despair though for some of them are really GORGEOUS! I would recommend River Island to all my shoe loving friends, they have ditched the platform but have kept the heel height if that is what you all like ( I DO! ) with some beautiful caged sandals, blocked heels, strappy sandals. Whatever you're looking they have it!

IN LOVE with these bad boys. River Island £45



I actually bought a beautiful pair of black suede court heels form Zara, complete with studded ankle strap for only £20! I unveiled them for my first outing to my friends 21st last week and I felt so sophisticated being a reasonable height without towering over everybody. (I am quite tall, and when wearing platform 6inch heels I literally tower over everybody.) I also got loads of complements on the shoes, and coming from girls their was some serious shoe envy going on!

So the whole basis of this post was to find sexy strappy sandals/court shoes/no platform related heels at a cheap and reasonable price. Having a look online as some sort of sick pleasured enjoyment as I am so skint I am actually selling my shoes online, here is what I have come up with. I hope you enjoy :)

Asos £18

                                                  Image 3 of ASOS PARTIAL Pointed High Heels
                                                                             Asos £18

Asos £12

Hope you liked the post!

Niamh xx

No comments:

Post a Comment